CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: What about just letting it heal?

Views: 3,927
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 852,699

Re: What about just letting it heal?

Hey Chuck. We all understand what you're going through as we've all been there. Although this isn't a severe condition by any means, it still manages to paralyze us on an emotional and social level because it's so easy to become obsessed with it. What I would suggest as a start is for you to tell your girlfriend what's going on, if you haven't already. I developed this while I was in a relationship - for a while I'd been biting the skin on my lips, and then I tried to stop and of course that's when I noticed it wasn't healing. I was paranoid about it for a while, but then I told him what was going on and he was very understanding about it. Once I got over being obsessed with trying to find a cure and not letting anything touch my lips, even kissing was perfectly fine. He was just as happy to kiss me before I knew I had the problem as he was afterwards. And no, he didn't catch it from me. :D

Like others have said, no one else will think it's as big a deal as you do. Just remember that. As long as you weren't planning on going into a career as a lip model, this isn't a major issue; and it's something that can be managed, if not healed.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.563 sec, (1)