CureZone   Log On   Join
Endo Ablation and Mirena?

kamboka Views: 5,210
Published: 15 years ago

Endo Ablation and Mirena?

Six months ago I had an endometrial ablation for heavy bleeding and cramps. It worked well for five months--no bleeding no problems. Then 3 weeks ago I had abdominal cramps for two weeks straight. They got progressively worse and more frequent to the point where it felt like i was trying to give birth to an elephant! There was no bleeding. I work in a developing country and had to be evacuated to Europe for medical care. I was diagnosed with cervical stenosis and had a pool of old blood in the uterus that was causing the pain and made me have a 14 week size uterus. They put me to sleep to do the procedure. I only thought they were going to drain the uterus but I woke up with the Mirena IUD. The doc said it was to stop the cervix from closing up again. I've had the Mirena for 2 weeks and have had sudden and unpredictable gushing of blood, mild abdominal cramping, lower back pain, edema, weight gain, inability to concentrate. I don't want to bleed for weeks at a time or experience all these side effects and/or wait for the other side effects to kick in. Two doctors have said there is nothing else left to do but a hysterectomy. If i take out the Mirena I'm afraid I'll have the same problems as before and I'm back in my devloping country. Has anyone had this experience and what did you do? I would almost prefer going back to the time when at least I had bad cramps and bleeding for one day of the period once a month--not everyday. What do you think? Should I just suck it up and have the hysterectomy?

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

0.172 sec, (1)