CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Help!!! Menopause sucks

Good Riddance to
Hot Flashes and More!

Nutrient-rich, phyto-nutrient and antioxidant...

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

More
blimpyojh Views: 1,491
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 819,543

Re: Help!!! Menopause sucks

JanMarie:
I started on an Elimination Diet to help with my Psoriasis and doing that has also allowed me to lose about 25 pounds. I'm 4'11" and was at 140. I'm now at 115 and counting down. I started in January; it's now mid-April. (I'm 58 years old and doing the menopausal thing right now.
Lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, pure water, lean meats (not red). No white flour products, no sugar, no dairy (except yogurt), no alcohol or pop. Only fresh juices;not store bought. (I have a Jack LaLane juicer). No white potatoes or corn/yes to sweet potatoes and squash.
I eat millet, grapenuts or plain yogurt with berries and a tad of honey for breakfast, a huge salad with a vinegrette or sesame salad dressing for lunch. you can add grilled chicken strips or tofu for protein, and fish, lamb or skinless chicken with vegetables for dinner. I am on my second liver cleanse. I take one tablespoon of cold pressed coconut oil 30 minutes before meals-it seems to suppress the appetite. I also take omega 3s (6 capsules per day) and cold pressed flaxseed oil(2 tablespoons per day). You have to be patient. Then, try to exercise a bit. Walking is good and some weights. The hardest part is weaning yourself off the simple carbohydrates like bread, bagels, white rice, pastries, ice cream, cookies, etc. Now it doesn't bother me to avoid them. You can't put yourself in the mindset of being deprived. You have to look at the big picture of healing your body with the healthy foods.
Good Luck
blimpyojh (no longer blimpy-looking)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.191 sec, (1)