CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Afraid of losing my natural birth plan by delivering at hospital.

nspeth Views: 2,246
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 844,904

Re: Afraid of losing my natural birth plan by delivering at hospital.

So how did your appointment go? You got some great suggestions from everyone and I'm sure things will go just fine. When I read your post it was like I was reading something I wrote, we have very similar beliefs and concerns too! Once I had my birth plan done (a full time job in a of itself!) and spoke with my doctor about it I felt a ton better. If I remember correctly mostly everything went just as I wanted it to, I was happy with the birth experience as a whole. As far as legal stuff goes I'm pretty sure you can opt out of certain procedures, you just have to sign a waiver stating you know the risks, etc. That's what I had to do. I signed a waiver for the vitamin K injection (I took my own oral drops) and for the Antibiotic eye ointment/drops. The state I live in doesn't give the Hep. B right at birth so I didn't have to worry so much about that, although I still made sure they knew to not stick my child with anything! One poster mentioned speaking with the nurses which I recommend also. You'll be dealing with them mostly. I went in for a tour where I gave birth and spoke with one of the nurses and she told me to have a separate paper outlining what you do/don't want done to your baby. That way it is easily accessible and the nurse who takes care of your baby afterwards isn't fumbling through the whole birth plan. It's definitely helpful to have someone as your advocate like others have said too. If your partner is wishy washy on what you desire I would definitely consider hiring a doula. It will give you peace of mind. Let us know how it goes for you!

Nicole

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.357 sec, (1)