CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Please post final results only when your lips are completly healed & normal for 3 weeks.

Views: 4,893
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 842,110

Re: Please post final results only when your lips are completly healed & normal for 3 weeks.

L-lysine @ 1000mg twice a day with a stress formula B-complex supplement (Stresstabs) once a day seems to have worked for me. The first time I stopped taking the lysine my lips started peeling again. This time I gradually reduced the dosage and my lips are still normal. I'm to the point now where I take 500mg every few days (when I think about it), same with the Stresstabs.

I used a product specifically for lip exfoliation to remove dry skin (or at least smooth the edges), followed by moisturizer and topped with a vaseline lip balm. I also found super-wet compresses helpful, especially when the corners of your mouth are tight and cracking.

All told, I took the lysine for nearly six months before I was able to lower the dose without relapsing. I'm not a habitual biter or picker. There are aspects of my case that suggest a viral infection. (pictures & details in an ealier post) I think I've kicked it, or at least driven it back into dormancy...

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.453 sec, (1)