CureZone   Log On   Join
Image Embedded Re: Vitamin C and L-Lysine

Clark Bowel Cleanse
Dr. Hulda Clarkís Bowel Program (Intestinal Cleanse). Pure product...

Fast and Painless Constipation Relief
Oxygen Bowel Cleanser

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

Lugolís Iodine Free S&H
J.Crowísģ Lugolís Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

More
More
  Views: 13,199
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 840,138

Re: Vitamin C and L-Lysine

In my case, it was like my lips got really chapped and dried out - started to peel off - and then kept on peeling. It did cross the border of my lips and made a crusty patch or two. Looked like my lipstick was smudged, only I wasn't wearing any. I'm not a habitual lip biter or picker. My lips were so much inflamed as they were disappearing. The skin was very thin and the patches that peeled had a smoother texture and darker color.

[peeling lips

It went on for months. Thing is, it started while I was trying to kick a nasty finger infection. Between the 4th antibiotic combo and the first antifungal, my lips started to peel off. It wasn't a known side effect of any of the meds, and it continued long after I quit taking them. So the one thing we do know is that my system was under a lot of stress and I was perhaps immunocompromised.  The timing and the response to the lysine suggest a viral cause in my case, at least that's my dentist's take on it.  I posted a detailed question about this on netwellness.org, but I haven't gotten a response yet. 

I found some research related to cellular lysine/arginine ratios and herpes virus replication. High lysine stops replication. This may or may not be what's happening in my case. It could be a different strain of herpes virus or another virus that's sensitive to lysine levels. Herpes is typically diagnosed by exam of "the typical lesion". Seems that a non-typical presentation could be completely missed.

It could also be a random autoimmune thing triggered by stress.

A little from the L-lysine page on PDRhealth.com:

ACTIONS AND PHARMACOLOGY

ACTIONS

Supplemental L-lysine has putative anti-herpes simplex virus activity. There is preliminary research suggesting that it may have some anti-osteoporotic activity.

MECHANISM OF ACTION

Proteins of the herpes simplex virus are rich in L-arginine, and tissue culture studies indicate an enhancing effect on viral replication when the amino acid ratio of L-arginine to L-lysine is high in the tissue culture media. When the ratio of L-lysine to L-arginine is high, viral replication and the cytopathogenicity of herpes simplex virus have been found to be inhibited.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

3.969 sec, (2)