CureZone   Log On   Join
confused

subdued Views: 2,280
Published: 14 years ago

confused

I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis about two months ago and am on medication (Colozal, Prednisone, and Canasa (a suppository)) My condition has been steadily improving, and my doctor has been weaning me off of the Prednisone. I feel both hopeful that I can fix my problem and tired knowing that it won't be easy.

The reason I am hopeful is that I had a very serious skin inflammation disorder about
10-15 years ago and was on antiboitics for two years because of it. My inflammation went away completely and has not returned since I stopped eating all breads and cheeses. However, my diet also became very inbalanced. I was eating mostly foods that are high in fat and low in fiber after I eliminated bread from my diet. I went from eating bread and cheese to drinking milk and eating chocolate. I think my poor diet hurt my colon. I was constantly getting diarherra from milk and chocolate,
which I ignored, thinking I had IBS.

Now I found out I have colitis. Another inflammation, only this time, I can't see what my colon looks like, so it's harder to know for sure what is triggering the flare ups. I am eating more balanced, and I found that I can eat bread again as long as I freeze it after I buy it. However, milk gives me terrible diarherra, and foods like brocolli, beans, and juice give me tons of gas.

Does this mean I need to give up these foods? I've already given up drinking milk and
eating chocolate. Do I also need to stop eating vegetables and beans and stop drinking juice? I don't think it's good for the health to give up certain food groups, especially milk, vegetables, beans, and fruit.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.578 sec, (1)