CureZone   Log On   Join
Steps in the right direction

Exile Views: 683
Published: 16 years ago

Steps in the right direction

Hello,

I thought I'd let you know of a few references I've seen recently to the use, or investigation, of silver by the mainstream medical & scientific establishment:

1) A comment by John Reid, UK Health Secretary:- "In the battle against the superbug [MRSA] I leave no stone unturned. Lots of claims have been made for all types of products, but the NHS needs to know what works. That's why I asked top government scientists to investigate all claims, however odd they seem at first, from silver to cashew nuts." The article ('Liability, Risk and Insurance' January 2005) also notes that the NHS has identified silver coated hydrogel catheters as having potential value in fighting MRSA as the silver used reduses urinary tract infections.

2) In the Royal Society & Royal Academy of Engineering report on "Nanoscience and Nanotechnologies: Opportunities and Uncertainties" (29 July 2004) it states:-
"Medical-related products containing nanoparticles are currently on the market in the USA.
Examples that exploit the known antimicrobial properties of silver include wound dressings containing nanocrystalline silver, which release ionic silver over a sustained period of time to provide a claimed extensive antimicrobial spectrum of 150 different pathogens."

Hopefully these are indications that the medical/scientific establishment is moving in the right direction.

Exile

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.516 sec, (1)