CureZone   Log On   Join
"Gas Smell"

redlepton Views: 2,545
Published: 12 years ago

"Gas Smell"

This winter, we have been sleeping with the window cracked open. However, my daughter (who just turned 4 in January) often asks me "what's making that gas smell?" at night. I did not smell anything.

At first, I was a little worried that it might be some kind of gas leak. We live in an apartment building, but don't have any gas appliances. Then I thought it must be something coming in from outside. I don't really know how my daughter knows what gas smells like, since we haven't owned a car for over 18 months (so we haven't been to any gas stations lately), unless she recognizes it from the cars on the road.

In any case, this has gone on all winter. Last night she asked me again, "what's making that gas smell". Then, she said "maybe it's the blanket", she sniffed it and said, "yup, it's the blanket".

When we moved here, somehow our blankets must have wound up in long-term storage and so we bought some inexpensive but warm polyester fleece blankets for the winter.

Isn't polyester made of oil or something? In any case, I regret now that I've been poisoning our air in the bedroom with the fumes from this synthetic blanket. I'm thinking of getting rid of everything we own that is made of polyester fleece.

Just thought I'd share.
Tina.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.656 sec, (1)