CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Dog healing through correct diet

Invincible Views: 1,980
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 827,617

Re: Dog healing through correct diet

" So, you're saying the preponderance of Calcium (it's alkaline? i was not aware of that) is likely a natural bio-result of the dog's body trying to do what it was designed to do - maintain balance? And that this balance is generally out of whack due to the quality of commercial food?"

Yes, correct to everything. and yes, calcium is very alkaline and the most needed mineral for humans and dogs.

"If I follow what you are saying, the Calcium buildup is indicating his body is trying to provide some alkalinity (courtesy of leachign from the bones) in order to overcome the acidity from a commercial diet.... do I have this right?"

Yes, I see you have understood it all very well. and bear in mind .. this is a human problem too .. those with arthritis, gout, osteoporosis .. calcified kidney/liver stones .... it's all the same thing. the calcium has been leached and there's not enough left to buffer the acids being flooded into the body by incorrect food choices.

It's not always easy for humans to take responsibility for themselves ... but with a house dog, we can choose for them, and therefore limit their suffering.

"As it is right now, the new Vet set me up with a 10 pound bag of this scientific diet that is supposed to be made expressly to handle a dog with Calcium Stone urinary problems. From what I've been told, in order for this diet to have any chance of working, I can only give this dog this food, religiously, no exceptions, no other food, no snacks, no treats, just this food...... or else!"

A vet is not qualified in nutrition, and no matter how nice and well meaning a vet may seem, they are marketed to by the drug and pet food manufacturers, just like our medical doctors.

Those that study the eating habits of canines in the wild know what an animal will choose for itself to remain well. No dog would choose kibble, canned food, biscuits over the real thing!

Every drug the doctor sells is also "scientifically proven" ... and you already know what that's about - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ - commercial dog food is about $$$$$$$ too.

Whatever you choose to do, I wish you and your dog the best
Maya

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2023  www.curezone.org

0.828 sec, (2)