CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Message for AnalogKid or anyone who can help. Re: converting battery zapper to work from mains

ParaZapper Views: 1,447
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 826,695

Re: Message for AnalogKid or anyone who can help. Re: converting battery zapper to work from mains

Points well taken. How would one know for sure that they are getting the right transformer. If one buys cheap, they are likely to get the older stuff that may not be isolated.

>- "...split bobbin transformer..."

I should have specified "isolated split bobbin transformer".

>- If you meant feedback in the AC adapter, see above.

Yes, while our CCa does have sort of a feedback circuit, I was referring to the older switching power adapters that were not always isolated.

>- I'VE NOT SEEN YOUR SCHEMATICS

Hmmmm????

>- The only difference between medical and non-medical power supplies is the allowed leakage current,

So, does this mean that the zapper becomes refferenced to earth ground? Assuming so, might this cause problems? At least that is why Dr. Clark requires battery operation in the first place. Not sure if I agree but as I recall this is what she states.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.484 sec, (1)