CureZone   Log On   Join
Urea

dm0923 Views: 1,897
Published: 14 years ago

Urea

Hey everyone. I haven't posted on here a while--nothing seemed to be working and constantly focusing on our lip problem was both frustrating and mentally draining. But to get to the point, some people have recently mentioned that urea might be helpful, and it reminded me about something that my dad had used in the past. He has (I think) a mild form of Psoriasis on his elbows, and his doctor, who was an older guy who really seemed to know his profession well, "prescribed" a mixture of Eucerin and urea. I put prescribed in quotes, because, at least in the US, there is no need for a prescription; he simply went down to the local pharmacist and asked them to mix up a combination of about 20% Urea (it might have been 40%) and Eucerin.

As a sort of test run, I went out to the store and picked up one of the Eucerin creams that lists urea as being one of the primary ingredients (only second to water), and have been using it for a couple of days now. It seems to be really helpful and, while the peeling still continues, the skin feels a lot more moisturized and pliable. I'm thinking that maybe the pharmacist mixed combination with a lot more urea might be even more helpful. I haven't had a lot of time time research this yet, but maybe we have some genetic abnormality or protein/amino acid coding problem that is in some way related to urea, which is normally produced in some amount within our bodies.

To conclude, the urea and Eucerin combo is cheap, easy to obtain, probably not harmful, and potentially helpful, so it might be worth a shot. Best of luck to everybody.

DM

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.204 sec, (1)