CureZone   Log On   Join
Scientists confirm what Clark's been saying for years
 

Clark Kidney Cleanse
Dr. Hulda Clark’s Kidney Cleanse with purest products! Great pric...



Herbal tinctures and supplements
Hulda Clark Cleanses



Natural Health Supplement Catalog
The Best Years in Life’s hand picked superior essent...


More
More
John Cullison Views: 7,451
Published: 11 years ago
 

Scientists confirm what Clark's been saying for years


Microwaves turn kitchen cloths into germ killers

Two minutes in the microwave can kill 99 per cent of the germs harboured by kitchen sponges, scientists have found.

Dishcloths and sponges are known to breed microbes such as E. coli and salmonella, that can cause potentially lethal food poisoning.

But researchers in the U.S. have found that the microwave is an effective weapon against them.

Gabriel Bitton, professor of environmental engineering at the University of Florida, said: 'Basically what we find is that we can knock out most bacteria in two minutes.

'People often put their sponges and scrubbers in the dishwasher but if they really want to decontaminate them and not just clean them, they should use the microwave.'

The scientists soaked sponges and scrubbing pads in untreated wastewater containing 'a witch's brew of faecal bacteria, viruses, protozoan parasites and bacterial spores including Bacillus cereus spores which are quite resistant to radiation, heat and toxic chemicals, and are notoriously difficult to kill'.

They also used bacterial viruses as substitutes for disease-causing viruses, such as hepatitis A.

Then they used a microwave oven to zap the sponges and scrub pads for varying lengths of time, wringing them out and checking for microbes after each test.

The results were unambiguous. Two minutes of microwaving on full power mode killed or inactivated more than 99 per cent of all the living pathogens in the sponges and pads.

Dr. Clark actually recommends three minutes, but I find that, unless the sponge is sopping wet, three minutes is a good way to actually cause some sponges to catch fire... *grin* Burning sponge smell does not dissipate rapidly!

The rest of the article is here.
 

 
Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!


 

Donate to CureZone


CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com


Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2018  www.curezone.org

0.297 sec, (1)