CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: food concerns

roooth Views: 706
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 817,707

Re: food concerns

Wow, Confoundry, thank you so much for the thoughtful post! Yes, you do feel my pain. :-) I will try some of those things. The sharing of a moderate anything bad will not do with him but the one-bite philosophy might be something to try b/c I like trying things. Maybe that way I won't feel restricted b/c I get to taste the bad stuff but not get that food-coma-yuck-bloated feeling. We'll see, b/c sometimes tasting can trigger it but when I've been really good, sometimes one taste doesn't trigger. It takes a few.....I may play with that idea.

I may have to go back to playing with Raw Food desserts - I do have a Raw Food cookbook w/many desserts. One thing I like to do is find the occasional, rare but FABULOUS super-healthy dish that I can eat happily over an over again. The more of these I collect, the more I clutter out bad meals with good meals. Check out my cauliflower soup lower on this page - even my husband will eat 2 bowls of this soup and be content with that as a meal. :-) Another thing I like is freezing strawberries & bananas, then simply blending them into a sorbet. Zing salads up using a spice called "spike". And one all time favorite is this: as a kid my mom was pretty healthy and it wasn't until I was a teenager that I knew a banana split was supposed to have ice cream! To me it is the split banan topped with cottage cheese and canned pineapple chunks. (canned so the juice blends w/the cottage cheese) If you have any favorites that are easy, healthy, and good enough to make you want it as a regular staple, please share.

I know what you mean about that southern food. I'm in Hawaii and haven't found a good place for ribs yet. When I visited the midwest near my husbands family, they have lots of GOOD steakhouses and I had ribs 3x! Bad, I know. That red beans & rice is temping. But some things help: I actually like McDonald's oriental salad which is good if my husband wants fast food.

I have to disagree that bad food is tasteless at first, but I know what you mean about good food. One thing I've noticed is that if I'm not hungry, carrots cease to sound good but something like pie somehow manages to still sound good. I also notice that so many people talk about nutrition but so few practice it because it is HARD when addicted to SAD and trying to be moderate. I feel bad for them because working at a hospital I feel especially aware of how the body deteriorates with age and I don't want that for myself. So thank you for the ideas and for the empathy. Let me know if you have more and it's always good to hear someone understands as opposed to the people who simply say, "stop eating junk food!" - it must not be hard for those people but looking at the health/weight of the population I know it is hard for most. Thanks again, muchos love to you and happy cleansing!

Day 8 here.....

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.233 sec, (2)