CureZone   Log On   Join
disillusioned and demotivated by results. please advise

66kgs Views: 972
Published: 15 years ago

disillusioned and demotivated by results. please advise

need advice from some experienced MC-ers.

currently on day 6 (or 7, as I actually started midday monday, after reading somewhere that u can begin any time during the day, even if u've eaten before)
my mood and hunger control were fine all until Fr (so either my day 4, or 5).

Saturday I begun feeling really down because of poor results. I am one of those odd ones who does the Master-Cleanse for a jumpstart in the weight-loss, not purely for the cleansing. (I know perfectly well the opinions of all those who think this is a misconception of the whole purpose of the Master-Cleanse - so all ofended please don't continue to read).

But I have good reasons for my decision:)
1. I eat quite healthy (minus the meat which is pumped with hormones, even the supposedly organic one); avoid junk food, with the exception of chocolate (but even that, once in a while).
2. I don't smoke, drink very moderately
3. I jog kind of regularly but it rains too often in holland so i've gone back to my fitness dvd with Cindy C. and recently added to that another dvd specific for but/hip/leg (my biggest problem area)
4. I had a full medical check up right before xmas and had PERFECT results, on everything minus my weight:(
5. i'm jobsearching since august, and my activity level has gone down extremely, basically limiting itself to those exercises and walking/biking to the grocery store. I think this lack of regular movement is what caused me putting on weight

right after new years I decided I need to control the weight by doing more exercise and even stricter watching of what I eat. I was reluctant to do the Master-Cleanse (I did it once before, lost weight fantastically, but remember the experience as tough). So instead I begun with a 8 day diet which was well balanced, no meat, all in very small portions which magically never left me feeling hungry. I of course wasn't expecting to loose a lot after a week only, but needed to prepare my body and my mind and to see how I cope with a diet. I lost 3 kgs (6.6 lbs). but did not consider it a success, as my weight normally fluctuates like that. still was motivated enough to see if I can keep those 3kg off and stay at 66 kg (145.5 lbs) without fluctuating up.

I 'bumped' into this forum on the internet and decided to give it a try, hoping of course for big results, as I had previously.
so on day 6 (or 7) I am unfortunately on 65.5 kg (144.4):( 1/2 kg less ONLY. that is 1.1 lbs!!! even though i have done exercise everyday at least 45 min, and follow the MC strictly.

so today, the most important thing for success is evaporating - my motivation.
I'm worried if I continue till day 10 and once i resume eating i will suddenly gain loads of weight, because going from consuming +or- 500 cal on the MC, to consuming 1300-1500 cal has potential to make me gain kgs:(((

my lack of motivation is of course influencing my sense of hunger and making me feel I might be causing myself more bad than good by continuing.

Would you continue?

very disillusioned and worried

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

3.641 sec, (2)