CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: sebhorric dermatitis...dandruff?

Views: 3,036
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 812,625

Re: sebhorric dermatitis...dandruff?

from wikipedia Dandruff (also called scurf and historicaly termed Pityriasis capitis) is due to the excessive shedding of dead skin cells from the scalp. As it is normal for skin cells to die and flake off, a small amount of flaking is normal and in fact quite common. Some people, however, either chronically or as a result of certain triggers, experience an unusually large amount of flaking, which can also be accompanied by redness and irritation. Most cases of dandruff can be easily treated with specialized shampoos.

As the epidermal layer continually replaces itself, cells are pushed outward where they eventually die and flake off. In most people, these flakes of skin are too small to be visible. However, certain conditions cause cell turnover to be unusually rapid, especially common in the scalp. In people with dandruff, skin cells may be sequestered in 2 - 7 days, as opposed to around a month in people without dandruff. The result is that dead skin cells are shed in large clumps, which appear as small, white or grayish patches on the scalp.

sounds alot like what we have but im not sure it is. i havnt tried the dandruff shampoo yet. anyone else tried it yet? just when you wash your hair let the suds run all of your mouth for 3 or 4 days and see it it helps im not willing to try it just yet though still working on somthing else. scrompone i too get dandruff around my moustache and i swear it looks just like the stuff on my lips.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.906 sec, (1)