CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Organic Apple Juice

hopinso Views: 2,564
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 801,674

Re: Organic Apple Juice

From what I have read all apple juice and apple cider products sold commercially must be pasteurized. The reason given is that windfall apples often carry botulism spores they pick up when the skin is damaged and comes in contact with the soil. There is a small town near me called Lincoln, that has an annual Apple Festival. Their cider, freshly produced on site, was the stuff of dreams, it was so delicious. They can no longer sell it because of laws restricting the sale of fresh and raw apple juice and similar products. Apparently even freezing does not kill the botulism spores. I have found "flash" pasteurized juices to be pretty good, but nothing beats home juiced fresh apples.

I don't know if this is federal or state law, but you can no longer find fresh pressed apple juice for sale legally in Arkansas. By the way, it is the pasteurization that keeps you from getting the E.Coli, parasites etc. I have never gotten sick from my home made apple juice though, so I don't know how bad the situation may be.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

1.594 sec, (1)