CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Revisionist bibles

Views: 2,555
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 797,365

Re: Revisionist bibles

Tiger - you are a liar.  I have never heard of Hugh Ross.  

I do nothing but quote literal scripture, and by my taking a literal view of the teachings of Jesus, the evangelicals dance around like they've got a dozen burrs in their butt.  The evangelicals can't stand the teachings of Jesus.

There is no such thing as "rapture" - it's not in the bible.  There is no such thing as a "holy trinity" or trinity of any kind, it is not in the bible.  And the biggest teaching of Jesus that the evangelicals can't stand is that "the kingdom of god is within you" or as others translate "inside of you."  It is not some future time place you get to.  It's here now.  That's what Jesus taught, that's what I believe.  If you think that these are "false" teachings, then you are to be pitied.

"Hi healme :)

#73099 is a follower of Hugh Ross whom is making a lot of money on selling books, and what I consider blasphemy.

http://www.serve.com/herrmann/ross.htm

it is Jesus Himself who gave warnings by partially describing "false prophets" as they will appear throughout the times of the New Testament church.

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. (Matthew 7:15)

It is not difficult to find other Scriptural characteristics for false prophets or false apostles. In 2 Timothy 3, Paul describes the condition of society that will mark the "last days." The description is exactly that of our present times. Described in 2 Timothy 3:5 are those

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

Paul also gives direct characteristics that will aid in identifying false prophets or false apostles.

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtlety, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him. . . . For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. (II Corinthians 11: 3-14)"

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

1.078 sec, (2)