CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Anyone using Hydrocortisone cream?

Eliminate Parasites Fast and Easy
One of the most powerful aids in helping the body el...

Google Advertisement
plantlover Views: 23,633
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 763,543

Re: Anyone using Hydrocortisone cream?

Just looking at your posts and wanted to make a comment. If your PCP doesn't believe you try and get a referral to an Endocrinologist that will run an ACTH Challenge test. I tried and tried 4 years ago to find one that would. And, wouldn't you know it, finally found one AFTER I was already on Cortef. The test needs to be done BEFORE you are on prescription cortisol. Sometimes it's just a matter of calling every Endocrinologist in the area to find one that will order it.

If you're not familiar with the test, they inject ACTH into you. Then measure (I think in about an hour) how much response you have. ACTH is what the pituitary secretes to tell the adrenals to produce cortisol. As I understand it, if your adrenals don't respond with a certain percentage of increase, (I guess they must do a blood test of cortisol before you begin?)then they can definitively diagnose you with secondary or terciary adrenal insufficiency. But, if you have already had an ASI (Adrenal Stress Index) saliva test then you already know that.....and sometimes it's just a matter of finding a real M.D. that will give you a prescription. I tried finding a place to buy Cortef over the internet w/out a prescription but was unsucessful. Luckily, my PCP caved in and gave me a prescription.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.438 sec, (1)