CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: important to anyone with candida

onthejourney Views: 2,727
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 785,669

Re: important to anyone with candida

When I first began the diet, every now and again, I would begin to think that maybe I was imagining the whole thing even though I had thrush in my mouth. So then I would eat something borderline just to check to make sure I wasn't just crazy and I would be plagued with the bloating and upper abdominal pressure and then I would say to myself, "Yeah this is real. I could not have imagined that." Let me just say that I was pretty strict the first 8 months and I really did not begin to show consistent improvement until about 8 to 9 months into the diet. I have been on it about 10.5 months and now I have been able to expand my dietary choices a little.

I think my candida was not just a mild case but I think I caught it before it got to the debilitating stage like I have heard with some of the others on here. If it early on and you are still able to eat with little discomfort and you are not plagued with terrible constipation, I can imagine that one might not be super consistent on the diet and really doubt that the symptoms are real. Also when I read about those who have trouble staying on the diet, I tend to think they do not have a raging case because no one could have had more of a sweet tooth than me and yet I was able to give it up because I felt terrible when I would eat the wrong foods. If you have it bad enough, it is pretty difficult to fall of the wagon.

I guess what I am really trying to say is that Candida is real and that you don't realize how bad things were until you begin to feel better. I think the best thing I did soon after I realized that I had intestinal candida was to do a 9 day water fast. I was feeling sorry for myself thinking surely I could not live on the diet. The fast cured that line of thinking quick! I will do another in the spring. It kind of renews your thinking about food and temporarily cures you of any gluttonous thoughts. That's why you should do one every year.

I believe that some docs are taking their cues from people like us even if they do not admit it. We are falling ill with this in huge numbers due to the overuse of Antibiotics and the consumption of all of that crap they're selling in the grocery stores. Most do not even know that they have it. I too have wished that there was "A Cureall Protocol" where someone would say, "do this for ? months and you will be cured". The problem is that we are different and may have this at varying degrees. In my opinion, this is as good as it gets. You will not find any more help anywhere than you will here. What I have learned here has been invaluable and it is all conveniently located in one place. Best of Luck.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

5.000 sec, (2)