CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Barry Goldwater on religion and politics

Healme Views: 1,676
Published: 12 years ago

This is a reply to # 781,087

Re: Barry Goldwater on religion and politics

The problem with christianity is ,christians are the ones who are trying to get this religion and their beilefs into the public square.

How are ours laws based on the 10 commandments- the same ideas- thou shalt not bear false witness, thy shall not kill. One God. In God we trust not in Gods we trust thats what I mean.

Christians have the platform to talk anywhere they please!
But above you said this was the problem, this freedom of speech is a problem.Everyone christian or not are trying to get their beliefs into the public square. Equal rights!?
Though I am a christian, I have never seen a religion in this country more divisive,more political and more corrupt than the one that I atone to.

Here I must agree with you I do think those representing the christian faith have went about things the wrong way and gave it a bad name to alot of people. Maybe its viewed that a good christian shouldn't express his views as the rest of the world does. I would have to say their is a fine line their. It could be said some may have crossed this line to the extreme as stated above but no one wants their rights taken away to express theirself and what they believe. That seems unfair for all the voices to be heard and govern us all and we must not have a voice. Everyone has a voice, everyone should be heard or what is equal rights, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, America? etc...I would fear more that no voice in the goverment was of christian faith or any faith and decided to change all laws maybe even freedom of religion, freedom of speech to suit their own agenda, Communist, is that what we want? I would rather be disgruntled with people beliefs than that any ol' day.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2018  www.curezone.org

0.391 sec, (1)