CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Kefir is not creamy

cphoo2 Views: 1,297
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 659,378

Re: Kefir is not creamy

Can't speak for the quality of your grains. I recommend those from Nutrient Research or Premier Research Labs. If it goes too thick too fast, it means either temp was too high or you fermented too long timewise. I would check in 1/2 hr increments. Usually for me 12oz milk ferments in 9 hrs and 32 oz in roughly 24 hrs. It depends on your environment & whether you are fermenting in a gas oven w/pilot on or in electric oven w/light on, etc. You can still use this product and blend it all together into a smoothie--it's just more of a kefir cheese. Can't speak for how bacterial/yeast count will be different from regular kefir. Most likely your kefir fermented sometime between 24-36 hrs when you were unawares--you'll have to play around w/time & checking your batch until you know the proper fermentation time. Good luck!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2023  www.curezone.org

0.672 sec, (1)