CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Return of the Lemon

77777 Views: 10,938
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 778,830

Re: Return of the Lemon

Amnesia84:

I disagree. I dont believe this is like a callus or cell memory problem. Here are some of my reasons:

- Like some other people here, my lips peel also in the inner part, this is, inside my mouth. That cannot be caused by saliva because saliva is supossed to be there, in the mouth. A better explanation of this, is that the infection in the lips spread into the mouth.

- There is also imflamation for many of us. There is also a burning sensation. That  cannot be a cell memory issue.

- For many of us, this condition started because we picked our lips. But many people have spend years picking at their lips and when they stopped doing it, their lips heal normally. The mechanical damage is the same, the results are different. The reason could be that we get infected, and they didn't.

- I have read that exfoliative cheilitis is very common in people with AIDS. What is special about them? They have a weakened immune system, which makes them more prone to infections.

- Sugar and wheat makes our lips worse. That cannot be explained by a callus or cell memory hypothesis. However it is consistent with an infection hipothesis.

- If this was a cell memory issue, it would be like cancer. Laser resurfacing or radiation therapy should help. I dont think this was the case for people who have tried it.

However, i do believe lemon might work but not for the reasons you said. Lemon is highly acidic. It literally burns most microbes and even your own skin cells. So aplying lemon very often and avoiding immflamation\crusting might end up killing the infection.

Also, i now think some people here have glandular cheilitis and some have exfoliative cheilitis. Its not the same.

Take care.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

1.672 sec, (1)