CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Can NO-GRAIN DIET CAUSE candid to go mycelial??

Views: 6,555
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 778,542

Re: Can NO-GRAIN DIET CAUSE candid to go mycelial??

Thanks very much for this, it's very interesting. My diet isn't perfectly anti-candida I have to say (I sometimes eat mushrooms, soysauce, cheese, dark chocolate & red wine), although it really does seem the withdrawal of "EASY" foods like sugars & grains CAN cause the candida to transform into a MORE virulent form. I guess i had it all my life but it was causing all sorts of undefined symptoms like low energy, maybe endometriosis.

The immune system is a very important point - my IBS and general health has actually been MUCH better on this diet (summarised below), more energy etc, and my regular running helps a lot, too. Have always struggled with energy levels though, and had been thinking I should be bursting with energy on such a good diet - didnt feel as if I was getting the benefit of all my healthy food, and i think the yeast was taking up a lot of it! I think the diet is generally right for me, if I eliminate the few "cheats" while trying to kill the yeast. Perimenopause may have also recently weakened my immune system (it has made me feel more tired, thats for sure) and provided a chance for the yeast to get stronger.

My body temp may be low - certainly my hands & feet are a problem (Raynauds syndrome). I think my immune system may have been bad since childhood, and I prob. have allergies - feel much better without grains. As a tiny tooddler I went through a phase of walking around with my head resting on my right shoulder, although not in any pain. This may have been my first ever flare-up of candida! Certainly it was always in the right ear that I got otitis media in my 20s (hence lots of Antibiotics ), then tinnitus - in my 30s I noticeed the right side of my face was always drier, it was my right tibia that broke at the ankle thus stretching the nerve, and the right side of my neck which twinged in the gym thus pinching the nerve going into my right arm! (An osteopath did no lasting good, by the way - special exercises help more!)

How did you find out all the info about your state of health - were all those issues detected by tests that a regular doctor will do? It's very interesting because your symptoms are so similar to mine!

Could you possibly tell me what treatment you have been following?

I am taking B12 right now, and have started on ACV, but cant do much more until I get back to Australia in December. I've analysed my diet nutrients levels and all look very good, but of course the candida and immune system needs may be depleting it.

Thankyou so much for the info!

(P.S. MY DIET:
GENERAL DIET is ALL ORGANIC, 2 meals/day: breakfast & dinner (or lunch) only, with nothing but green tea between.

BREAKFAST: Whole grapefruit, blueberries with lots ofdried coconut flakes, then protein (sardines 4x/wk, or 3-egg omelette with turmeric 2x/wk, or chicken liver & turkey sausage once/week) with 1/2 avocado plus steamed tomato & LOTS of spinach topped with a little butter/flaxseed oil.

PRE-DINNER SNACK: celery, pepitas, walnuts & Brazil nuts
DINNER: 3x/wk HUGE salad (watercress, shredded purple cabbage & carrot, purple onion, red capsicum, avocado, garlic, nori, ACV,olive/flax oil, Herbamare) with wild salmon 2x/wk, or organic steak 1x/wk.
Other days, 4x/wk: Asian style meal - one dish of organic meat with LOTS of red & green veg & lots of ginger & garlic, other dish of LOTS of broccoli/cabbage with shiitake mushrooms & sesame oil.
DESSERT sometimes: mixed berries, other fresh/stewed fruit with yoghurt.

My non-Paleo "cheats" are ALL ORGANIC: bifidus yoghurt, occasional brebis cremeux or red wine or dark chocolate. If at a restaurant, I just order lots of veggies and salad, fish or wild game, and sometimes a fruit dessert.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

2.016 sec, (2)