CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Typoglycemia??? No worry :)

Hulda Clark Cleanses
Wormwood, Clove, Clarkia, Turmeric, Epsom Salt, Uva Ursi, Goldenr...

More
More
SqueakyClean Views: 1,364
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 766,339

Re: Typoglycemia??? No worry :)

That's interesting.

But some people don't really have to "learn" how to spell. They're just good at it. I mean, I learned how to read when I was 5 and I always got 100% in "spelling" which was really just me looking at a list of words and knowing how to spell them once I had seen them. English spelling has always made sense to me. There are a lot of rules and patterns but once you pick up on those, then it's rather self-explanatory. I'm not saying anything against people who struggle with spelling, my cousin for example probably couldn't have gone through college if it weren't for "spell check", but I'm just saying that it just comes naturally for some people, not some arduous effort to "tame their creativity".

I think it differs by language, too. I studied Russian, and spelling in Russian is a breeze because Cyrillic is a phonetic alphabet.
Imagine if you spoke Chinese. Then you would have to draw a separate character for every word you say. Even if you know how to say and use a word, it doesn't necessarily mean you can even guess how to read or write that word. And if you read an unfamiliar character, you don't know how to pronounce it, or what it means (you can guess - there are patterns and particles but it's certainly not like the alphabet). My sister is fluent in Chinese and has been studying it for 6 years now, but she can't nearly write all the words that she knows yet, maybe she can write 1,000 characters and knows 2,000 (for example).
The Chinese education system is very focused on rote memory. They realize that they currently fall short in creativity. Sometimes they try to have special training in creativity. Obviously there are many creative people in China (and they invented tons of things in ancient times as we know), but I'm just saying that, as a whole, they have been trained to be better equipped at memorizing and reproducing instead of being innovative and original.
Americans are still considered to be very creative and imaginative, even if it may be less than in the past.
Just a little of my perspective.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.328 sec, (1)