CureZone   Log On   Join
70942: some search excerpts with possible tips long but please read thru...

Views: 2,947
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 763,604

70942: some search excerpts with possible tips long but please read thru...

These are some references I found of interest [excerpts posted below], fledgling’s excellent suggestion in another post got me thinking of using Bentonite clay, maybe you can mix a bit of tea tree oil or oil of oregano and create a mask, the clay will open the pores and draw toxins and the tea tree oil or oil of oregano will kill bacteria?

Maybe add some zinc to the mix? And some carrot juice?

The reference to iodine is important I thought, as well as the zinc, and stress – which you are under so much of.

I know some of my ideas may sound crazy, but they are based on information widely available.

I was reading about and know from my son’s (past) experience – they prescribe antibiotics for persistent break outs. So I was thinking : what about natural antibiotics? And so I did a search on “Oil of oregano and acne” and bingo: pages and pages.

Same for tea tree oil.

I don’t know much about overactive adrenals, but it was mentioned as one of the main causes, that is why the mention of Zinc seemed key.

I’m wondering if you can get a hold of any type of oxygenating agent to apply topically – oxygen is the greatest at destroying “bad” bacteria, and creating a good environment.

I hope you find some relief soon, you are so young to be going through such suffering.

MadArt (ist)

Excerpts:

What can worsen acne?

• prescription medications, such as certain birth control pills, steroids, and lithium.
  • Being overweight--increased insulin production can signal the body to release extra male hormones, called androgens, which are involved in pimple formation. The list of birth control pills with that may promote acne can be found here.
  • stress
  • pore-clogging (comedogenic) cosmetics, sunscreens, moisturizers, greases, and oils
  • adolescence
  • poor diet--Excessive sugar, trans fats, fried, salt, and processed foods. Insufficient intake of water, healthy oils, fruit and vegetables, and fiber.
  • excessive intake of foods such as chocolate, caffeine, carbonated beverages, milk products, and seafood and other iodine-rich foods.

-- WHAT CAN HELP:

Vitamins & Nutritional Supplements

• Vitamin A--Vitamin A may help to reduce sebum production. However, high doses of vitamin A can carry a risk of decreased bone density, birth defects, headache, and muscle and joint pain. Like the modified vitamin A prescription drugs, vitamin A can cause birth defects. Sexually active women of childbearing age should not take more than 5,000 IU per day unless they are under the guidance of a professional and are using at least two reliable forms of birth control. Vitamin A supplementation may not be necessary if there is adequate intake of beta-carotene, vitamin E, and zinc, all necessary for vitamin A formation. Decreasing unhealthy fats such as margarine, hydrogenated oils, processed foods, and other sources of transfats can also improve absorption.
  • Zinc--Zinc, especially in the form of zinc gluconate or zinc sulfate, can help prevent acne. Zinc helps heal blemishes, reduces inflammation, and reduces androgenic hormonal effects on the skin. Begin by increasing food sources of zinc. Two studies comparing zinc to the antibiotic tetracycline found zinc to be as effective as tetracycline. Another study found a mild yet definite effect of zinc.
    Food Sources:

High-protein foods contain high amounts of zinc. Beef, pork, and lamb contain more zinc than fish. The dark meat of a chicken has more zinc than the light meat.

Other good sources of zinc are peanuts, peanut butter, and legumes.

Fruits and vegetables are not good sources, because zinc in plant proteins is not as available for use by the body as the zinc from animal proteins. Therefore, low-protein diets and vegetarian diets tend to be low in zinc.

Oil of Oregano:

TOPICAL USES:

Wild Oregano Oil can be used topically but must be greatly diluted first.  Dilute a few drops of Wild Oregano Oil into 1 oz. of olive oil.

Conditions that may be improved when using Wild Oregano Oil topically include:
    Acne
    Animal Bites
    Athlete's Foot  
    Boils 
    Diaper Rash
    Gum Disease
    Nail Fungus
    Ringworm
      Rosacea
    Scabies

You may use Oil of Oregano to treat:
    Acne, Animal bites, Arthritis, Asthma, Athlete's foot, Bad breath, Bed sores and Ulcerations, Bladder Infections, Bromidosis (foul odor associated with excessive sweating), Boils, Bruises, Burns, Bursitis, Candidiasis, Canker sores, Cellulitis, Cold sores, Colds/Flu, Cough, Cryptosporidium, Dandruff and Seborrhea, Diaper rash, Diarrhea, Ear infections, Ebola and Dengue Fever, Eczema, Fingernail fungus, Frostbite and frostburn, Giardiasis, Gum Disease, Food poisoning, Head lice, Headaches, Hepatitis, Herpes, Impetigo, Irritable Bowel syndrome, Leg cramps, Nail fungus, Paronychia, Peptic ulcer, Pneumonia, Psoriasis, Prostate disorders, Pruritis, Radiation injury/burns, Ringworm, Rosacea, Scabies, Shingles, Sinusitis, Sore throat, Sports injuries, Tick borne illnesses, Thrush, Toothache, Tuberculosis, Varicose veins, Venomous bites, Warts and Wounds.

Wild Oregano Oil is the steam distilled oil of wild oregano. It is an excellent antibacterial and antifungal remedy that has many uses. It also has important digestive and respiratory benefits.

Directions:

Acne / Pimples:

Avoid contact with eyes. Do not apply undiluted on sensitive skin areas (test first). When taking orally in water, stir oil into water well just before drinking.Do not take internally during pregnancy.

Add 1 drop Oil of Oregano to liquid face soap or cleanser in palm of hand and wash face twice daily. After cleaning, apply a very thin film of Oil of Oregano directly onto pimples morning and evening.

External applications:
    * Gum Disorders * Toothache * Cold Sores * Puncture Wounds * Acne * Dandruff/Seborrhea * Warts * Athlete’s Foot * Boils * Nail Fungus * Bed Sores * Head Lice * Scabies * Ringworm * Rosacea * Eczema * Psoriasis * Sore Joints * Back Pain * Arthritis * and more.

Apply small amount of Oil to affected area as required. Test less sensitive skin surface, e.g. your arm or thigh, first.

Add one or two drops to soups, salads, sauces, etc. for a zesty and delicious culinary experience.

--

Tea tree oil:

One of the more popular home remedies for acne is tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is an essential oil obtained from the leaves of Melaleuca alternifolia, a plant native to Australia. It has been found to have anti-microbial properties, so it is often applied topically to acne lesions to kill acne-causing bacteria.

What many people don't realize about tea tree oil is that overzealously dabbing the undiluted oil onto acne lesions can irritate skin, causing as redness, blistering, overdrying, and itching. The overdrying can even worsen acne. Find out more about tea tree oil and acne, including research, tea tree oil sources, and safety concerns.
    Tea Tree Oil for Acne.

--

Why is tea tree oil used for acne?

Tea tree oil contains a constituent called terpinen-4-ol that is thought to be responsible for most of tea tree oil's antimicrobial activity. Because tea tree oil can kill bacteria, it has been proposed that applying topical tea tree oil to acne lesions may kill Propionibacterium acnes, the skin-dwelling bacteria that is involved in causing acne.

--

Bentonite / Pascalite / Montmorrillonite clay:

“Bentonite clay is also used as a therapeutic face pack for the treatment of acne/oily skin.”

Mixed with water, and applied topically, PASCALITE has been found to help: burns; acne; skin rashes and disorders; cold sores; boils; spider bites; bee stings; rectal problems; sprains and aches; infections, and more!

“I would recommend this alternative health therapy for anyone who suffers from disease, chronic health conditions, short-term problems like acne pimples and rashes.I have researched numerous alternative health techniques and have found the use of natural clay to be the finest an simplest method there is available today.I recommend the use of Pascalite powdered sterlized clay for topical as well as internal use.”
    Clay is a dynamic presence--a catalyst rather than an agent itself. This is possible because clay is alive." Most of the poisons in the body Dextreit notes, are positively charged, whereas clay has a negative electrical attraction. Thus, he writes, "These toxins cannot resist being drawn toward the clay." Robert T. Martin, a mineralogist at MIT, points to bentonite's minute particles, which create a large surface area in charged particles or toxins."
    Calcium montmorillonite, the second type of montmorillonite, is also known as "living clay" for it principally consists of minerals that enhance the production of enzymes in all living organisms. Benefits of calcium montmorillonite minerals have been documented in research conducted by many scientists and leading universities. "In addition to the role it plays as a potent detoxifier, Calcium Montmorillonite Clay has also been used extensively in the treatment of pain, open wounds, colitis, diarrhea, hemorrhoids, stomach ulcers, intestinal problems, acne, anemia, and a variety of other health issues."

Oxygen products:

“…natural antibiotic that kills bacteria by supplying generous amounts of oxygen to bacteria that normally thrive in little or no oxygen. It is an effective antiviral, antibacterial and antifungal …”

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  www.curezone.org

3.344 sec, (9)