CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Anyone using Hydrocortisone cream?

Views: 21,834
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 759,865

Re: Anyone using Hydrocortisone cream?

Cortef really helped me at one point, although since it works so well and actually makes you feel NORMAL for awhile, it's REALLY easy to get "addicted" to it (although I know it's not a true "addiction").

I hope you are able to get your doctor to prescribe it..... but my advice is to set an amount (or whatever the doctor sets) and STICK TO IT. Usually it is something like 5 mgs. in the morning 5 mgs. at noon and maybe 2.5 mgs in the afternoon or evening. Or 5 mgs. four times a day in severe cases. But try to use it at ONLY those amounts and for a SHORT period of time (maybe a month or so.... and then SLOWLY wean yourself off it). Because there is a strong tendency to take it whenever you feel like it (which becomes more and more often because it DOES help)..... but do NOT do this because trust me, your adrenals WILL downregulate (which is good to give them a rest, but NOT a good way to live your life, because they will atrophy pretty quickly if not called up to work the way they should) and it will be HELL trying to get off of the Cortef.

Also, while you are on it, try to eat well and get plenty of protein/amino acids and/or a good adrenal supplement with glandulars like "Ortho-Adapt" so that your adrenals have the "building blocks" to rebuild themselves while the Cortef is giving them a rest.

I'm not trying to scare you or talk you out of it, because Cortef can be really helpful. Just some things to keep in mind.

All the best.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.516 sec, (1)