CureZone   Log On   Join
HELP!!! MY CAT WON"T DRINK and barely eats!!!

Healme Views: 17,508
Published: 12 years ago

HELP!!! MY CAT WON"T DRINK and barely eats!!!

I think I might have to put down our cat. She is 12 years old and one day stopped drinking as much and then later stopped eating as well. We took her to the vet and he gave her a shot to help make her eat. So she started to eat alittle better but still not drinking. Then she started falling over when she would try to walk and shaking her head. Ever time she would try to eat she would shake her head.So I took her back in and they said she one of her ears was infected. Well I gave her drops for 3 days but she just would not eat and only lapped alittle milk but they said she wasn't dehydrated but a little . So I took her back again and they put her on IV's but said she was having kidney problems but thought it was from dehydration but after she was on IV's for 4 days she still didn't get any better. Needless to say they wanted me to bring her back home to see if she would eat for me because they said they have done all they can do. Well she has ate some but it seems like a chore to her. she is still wobbly and she shakes her head still and seems to jerk alot when she is resting. I think she is going to die on us. I still haven't gotten her to drink water. She is hydrated from the IV's but all I could get in her fluid wise is water from a can of tuna. Any thoughts on this. I would think the vet should at least have a better idea of what is going on. I am dissapointed because they didn't even treat her ears. They said they were going to hold off on that since she wasn't eating and drinking. I'm confused needless to say. Her kidney reading was elevated at the beginning of the high mark, that is why they thought hydrating her would shift the reading back to normal but it didn't . Anyone experience this or know what might be wrong? Sorry so long!!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2018  www.curezone.org

0.125 sec, (1)