CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Questions

Dr. Clark Shop
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Beautiful Skin From Powerful Oils and Roses
Remove signs of aging by renewing skin cel...

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

More
More
wombat Views: 1,435
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 741,494

Re: Questions

Excellent question!

My first thought is...plant that garden! Put in a couple of fruit trees! Involve yourself directly with Mother Earth. It is the most healing thing that I can think of. For those that don't have a place to garden, there are community gardens and also community supported agriculture.

The problem(one of them) with todays world is that everything we do to live has become very abstract. We go to work to get money to buy the things that we need to survive, such as FOOD. And the food that we buy with our hard earned money is, yes, devoid of nutrients because of the reprehensible agricultural practices employed today. What a rip! Well, if you have the means to avoid that, do so.

I've heard of "victory gardens" during the time of WW2. I don't know much about it, but I do know that people felt as though it was their civic duty to grow food. That sort of sentiment needs to be fashionable again, on a VAST scale. I don't know if that would be possible now.& one of the reasons I see for that is that the concept of work has been bastardized. Yeah, it's ok to go to work in your brand new shiny gas guzzling SUV & get paid too much to do what? sell pharmecueticals? Write ad copy? whatever, for most, it's something they never dreamed of, is very uninspiring, probably unethical & most likely immoral. And these same conflicted people look down their noses at their landscapers & nannies & the migrant workers, etc...

And, since most people are caught up in the afforementioned loop of abstraction, their money becomes a way to "reward" themselves. With...whatever! New furniture, clothes, appliances(honey I just GOTTA have that stainless sub-zero fridge!) cars, consume, consume, CONSUME!!! IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CONSUME! OUR ECONOMY DEPENDS ON IT!!!

So, growing your own food is ALSO a way to reclaim the concept of "right work". It is NOT abstract. And, done properly, it is a way to feed the earth that feeds us. It also reattunes us to the cycles of nature and weather. It's also GREAT exercise & a good way to get your daily dose of Vitamin D!

GARDEN ON!!! :D

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

2.516 sec, (2)