CureZone   Log On   Join
New Update

dm0923 Views: 1,797
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 729,099

New Update

Hey everyone. Iím still doing the chitosan thing. Iíve refined my approach to the following: the hardened gel is only removed when/if a visible edge appears; Iíll usually only put in on once or twice a day now; and I no longer cover anything up before going to bed.

Basically, Iím not exactly sure whatís happening. At the very least, using the gel makes it much nicer to go out in the sunlight, because it makes the redness much less apparent. On the other end of the scale, Iím hoping that the redness is becoming less obvious because some of the underlying skin is actually healing. Itís too early to tell, as the skin normally takes quite a long time to progress through itís various states of healing.

Iíve found that by using your finger to apply the gel and by using only a very small amount (and making sure that you only cover up the affected areas and quickly wipe the other areas off with a moistened paper towel, or something), itís almost impossible to tell that anything is on your lip. Also, using some form of moisturizing lotion without petroleum based products is essential (although Iím not sure if this can be totally generalized to everyone, and I donít know if thereíd be a difference with the gel and the petroleum based stuff, I found that the oil based products quickly cause the skin to macerate and slough off).

About 20 minutes after applying, the gel resembles something that you wouldnít want on your lips. However, after applying the lotion, the whole area becomes soft and after it dries looks pretty normal.

Iíll keep posting updates (I donít have as much time now, but I promise to eventually post). Hope everyone is doing well.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.250 sec, (1)