CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Pasture-fed vs feedlot-ending pasture-fed

fsnaturelady Views: 1,108
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 722,788

Re: Pasture-fed vs feedlot-ending pasture-fed

Thank you for your comments. I did find the pasture-fed beef 'gamey' and since we are not accustomed to that, it makes it difficult for us to enjoy, compared to our usual (which is probably the commercial stuff -- hopefully, the Western beef is pasture-fed to some degree) to eat. I also have learned that the pasture-fed beef should be cooked on the rare side as overcooking makes it tough.

I have found a Highland Cattle farm whose cattle pasture feed until the last 90 days and they are grain fed, but they are hormone and Antibiotic free, so I am going to buy some of the beef to try it and then get a quarter side of mixed cuts if all goes well. I now have to see about getting a freezer; I only have the one in my fridge.

I have also tracked down a farm in NY where I can get a cow share for raw milk -- I still have to talk to them and I have found another place where I can get yogurt, cheese and buy the milk at the farm -- again, I have to talk to them.

It is such nonsense that I cannot buy raw milk up here! So much work trying to track down these things and then get organized to buy them.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Kindest thoughts.

fsnaturelady

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.328 sec, (1)