CureZone   Log On   Join
Pasture-fed vs feedlot-ending pasture-fed

fsnaturelady Views: 1,092
Published: 14 years ago

Pasture-fed vs feedlot-ending pasture-fed

Yes, it would be good if this were a more active board.

Although I have tried to go raw, lifetime habits and additional reading have helped me to decide -- without guilt -- to do the Paleo, but not raw meat (I'll cook it), but most everything else raw.

I have read a couple of interesting papers by archaeologists that our ancestors would have eaten meat -- but cooked meat because it would simply take too long to eat raw meat -- many hours a day.

Although meat is acidic, our SAD diet includes cooked veggies, sugars and grains which keep us totally acidic and set up for disease. However, if grains, potatoes and beans are eliminated and raw veggies, fruits and nuts are used, even with the meat, the balance is tipped into the alkaline area and quite considerably.

Last year, we had some pasture-fed beef which we found to be gamey -- but I guess that is what it is supposed to be, but it is a long way from our accustomed great supermarket western beef product in flavour. I recognize the good aspects of it, but I am looking for some great-tasting beef. Apparently, there is quite a bit of difference in flavours, depending on what the cattle is eating; we just need to keep looking.

I have found some Highland cattle that do not have hormones or drugs used on them, but they are in the feedlot for the last 90 days.

I'd appreciate comments from anyone who is eating beef. And -- from anyone who is actually following the Paleo Diet. I am waiting for two books to arrive for the whole scenario -- Neanderthin and The Recipe For Living Without Disease.

It would be great to have some support in this new endeavour.

Kindest thoughts.

fsnaturelady

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.391 sec, (1)