CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Mirena IUD- Possible class action lawsuit- please stop by

houstonmom Views: 53,082
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 71,855

Re: Mirena IUD- Possible class action lawsuit- please stop by

I have read all the postings on this site, and I am another victim of this device. A year ago I went into see my OB/GYN for some birth control alternatives for my husband and I after the birth of our son. He was delighted to tell me about the merina, and how I wouldn't suffer the side effects of oral contraceptives. Needless to say I have suffered the weight gain (which is why I refused oral ones in the first place), acne, hair loss, and the mood changes everyone else has described. After losing all of my pregnancy weight, and being in the best shape of my life, this device has put me back to my weight at 4 months pregnant. My extreme frustration is that I had deliberately refused hormonal forms of birth control in order to prevent weight gain. Now I have a permanent fixture that I have to go get removed in order to get relief. With a pill I could have just quit taking them. Not to mention the enormous cost difference. Mine was almost $1000.00 versus $40.00 for a month of pills. I sincerely hope you pursue this lawsuit because this company has intentionally lied to their customers and to the physicians that place them.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

2.531 sec, (1)