CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Article on raw vegans

Pistonhead76 Views: 2,534
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 719,497

Re: Article on raw vegans

I read the whole article and it was very boring. BUT, it did raise a question that I have benn concerned about. We have been strict vegans since 01-31-05 and have been doing well and never have cheated(I know,its only been 3 months) but what about B-12 and essential fats( omega3,DHA,etc.). Animals in the wild produce b-12 from micro-organisms in their intestines but from what I've read we dont contain them or at one time we did until our fisrt drink of chlorinated,flouridated water or our first antibiotic (which is probably in our water too!). I ve also read that old Hindu vegans used to get their b-12 from the wild plants they ate which had insects,insect eggs,and insect fecal matter on them. But when they moved to a place like Britain they got sick and died from lack of nutrition because the plants where farmed inscect free, so no b-12. I dont know how true it is but if MH could shed some light on this that'd be great cause my 15 month old has been vegan since birth and don't want him to become malnourished.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.375 sec, (1)