CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Mirena IUD- Possible class action lawsuit- please stop by

michelle62 Views: 53,488
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 71,872

Re: Mirena IUD- Possible class action lawsuit- please stop by

Hi....
I am so glad I found you guys! I am 43, divorced, no partner....but suffering from very heavy periods. My Gyno suggested a D&C & to insert a Mirena. I had this done under general anesthetic, but 1 day later had the worst headache of my life. I went to my local Dr & had it removed.I then had another huge period, went back to the Gyno who said I didnt let my body adjust to the Mirena, & maybe it was the anesthetic that caused the headache. Silly me had another one inserted in his surgery with no pain killer.....OMG I have never felt pain like it since childbirth, and then had 1 minute contractions for about an hour.
This was about 10 months ago, and all seemed ok (or so I thought). I have been having lots of niggling symtoms, but nothing I could put my finger on, until reading this forum. I have been really thirsty (so thought I had diabetes), tender under my arms (so thought I had breast cancer), sore breats, terrible mood swings(which I attributed to a few personal problems), so tired I could nod off in my office, but getting to bed & lying awake, pain in my back & right leg, depression, not wanting to do anything, see anyone, talk to anyone. It got so bad that the guys at work commented on my lack of enthusiasm & general malaise.
I had an appointment at a local Dr to have a phsical, because I am sick of feeling like S**T. When I read this forum I was elated......all you ladies felt exactly like me, so I wasnt insane & there was a reason for me feeling like this.
I have had it removed now for 2 days. This morning is the first time in ages I have woken up with no headache or dull feeling in my head. I have a slight bleed, but nothing bad, I am worried about my next period.....hoping I dont flood......but see what happens.
My question is...I live in Sydney Australia, does this clasaction cover me too? I would be a willing & able participant.
Thanks for listening & thanks for your stories!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

2.609 sec, (1)