CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Advice for caring for an Adopted child from Russia

fsnaturelady Views: 872
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 715,369

Re: Advice for caring for an Adopted child from Russia

Hi, MH,

I have a similar theory. I came from Scotland a long time ago, yet I could say that, although I have lived in Canada for a very long time, I do not have real roots here -- do not feel that I am Home; I did marry a Canadian though and do have Canadian sons; thus, this is home for the family. I do not yearn for Scotland, but feel detached here. So, betwixt and between.

I believe that when we leave our homeland, we can then be travellers all of our lives, because we no longer belong to a specific place. Perhaps that is just the consequence of being an immigrant. I spoke with a twentyish young woman from South America about this and she feels the same way. Perhaps it is because our extended families are still back in the 'old country'.

My Greek neighbour has been here for about thirty years, yet he bought a home back in Greece, with land, with a view to going back there when his kids are grown. (Maybe part-time if his wife has a say!) When we went to Scotland many years ago, I had arrived 'home'. It was a very odd feeling.

I have read that we should eat foods that grow within 150 miles of our birth but we are all exotic now; my husband is from Ottawa, Canada's capital -- he loves crisp apples. Down here in Niagara, about 250 miles away, softer apples cause his throat to swell; the THOUGHT of peaches causes his throat to swell! If he has a crisp apple, then he is fine. Cooked peaches are not a problem; I think that it must be the pesticides which are sprayed on the trees, and which are probably in the skin of the fruit, which causes him this problem.

I love tea and a sweet -- gotta keep up my traditions! :) o) :)
-- I KNOW, I KNOW, I'm going to be giving this up!! :)

Kindest thoughts.

fsnaturelady

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2019  www.curezone.org

0.453 sec, (1)