Any odor present is most likely a result of bacterial imbalance and improper pH, as the vagina relies on a very acidic environment and the right balance of vaginal flora. Anything from Prolonged or repeated antibiotic usage, intercourse, even menstruation upsets the vaginal pH.
Don't take antibiotics, they will make it worse and harder to cure completely.
Antibiotics work indiscriminately, killing all bacteria, even the good ones needed to keep healthy - and the balance is delicate and hard to recreate without a lot of hard work and diet changes.
I use a vitamin C tablet (non-coated) inserted in the vagina for one or two nights in a row, and usually that helps a lot without any side effects. Vitamin C is naturally acidic and it is the by-product created by the cells that fight the bad bacteria, Vitamin C and Hydrogen peroxide are the substances your body creates naturally to combat overgrowth of bacteria.