CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Cleaning Up Our Homes..

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
More
electravan Views: 2,052
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 713,713

Re: Cleaning Up Our Homes..

I too have removed all chemicals from the house. I do use seventh generation laundry soap, though. I know Hulda says not to use this type of so-called "natural" detergent, but I found that Borax alone was too harsh for my clothes. Also, I can't seem to find washing soda anywhere.

I have tried the borax shampoo, but again, my hair doesn't seem to get clean enough using that alone, or with the citric acid rinse. I make my own shampoo from african black soap which I think is about as close as you can get to chemical-free soap. I add castor oil, grapefruit seed extract and moroccan red clay to it, and use an apple cider vinegar rinse. It works really well for me.

I also use vinegar to clean surfaces, but I add organic rosemary oil for a little extra punch - it helps cover the vinegar smell too! I love borax for scrubbing sinks and countertops. Sometimes use hydrogen peroxide (extra strength) to get rid of stains.

The last things to go, for me, were the "smell-goods". I love candles, air-fresheners, etc. and even though I primarily used natural products, I decided to eliminate those too.

And we use coconut oil as an under-arm deodorant - it works great!
I've never really been into cosmetics that much, so that part was easy. She does recommend henna though, which I do want to try.

That's about it for me!

©†ƒ……•™¼‡_Original_Message_¾€š½ž¢«»¬ï°©

I too have removed all chemcals from the house. I do use seventh generation laundry soap, though. I know Hulda says not to use this type of so-called "natural" detergent, but I found that Borax alone was too harsh for my clothes. Also, I can't seem to find washing soda anywhere.

I have tried the borax shampoo, but again, my hair doesn't seem to get clean enough using that alone, or with the citric acid rinse. I make my own shampoo from african black soap which I think is about as close as you can get to chemical-free soap. I add castor oil, grapefruit seed extract and moroccan red clay to it, and use an apple cider vinegar rinse. It works really well for me.

I also use vinegar to clean surfaces, but I add organic rosemary oil for a little extra punch - it helps cover the vinegar smell too! I love borax for scrubbing sinks and countertops. Sometimes use hydrogen peroxide (extra strength) to get rid of stains.

The last things to go, for me, were the "smell-goods". I love candles, air-fresheners, etc. and even though I primarily used natural products, I decided to eliminate those too.

And we use coconut oil as an under-arm deodorant - it works great!
I've never really been into cosmetics that much, so that part was easy. She does recommend henna though, which I do want to try.

That's about it for me!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.594 sec, (2)