CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: What to feed children...

electravan Views: 1,914
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 713,638

Re: What to feed children...

Wow...

Gosh, I guess I'm killing my children, huh? I'm sorry, but your statements, even if true, are a little heartless in my opinion. Especially since I'm trying to get advice from you to prevent any harm from coming to my children in ways that I can directly affect. And you do already know that one of my children has passed.

I guess people all over the world who have healthy, disease free children for generations following the suggestions of the likes of Dr. Price are wrong too? And by the way, I'm not vain about my cooking skills either. I don't care about cooking, or eating for that matter. It's more of an annoyance to me than anything.

And, excuse me if I'm mistaken, but what you and your family do is a topic of discussion here, is it not? You do give advice based on what you've tried yourself, right? Maybe I should have said, "MH, what do you see other families feeding their children that you would agree is the correct diet?".

If you can't use your own life as an example of what you teach here, then why do you expect others to follow your advice?

You assume that I haven't read any information pertaining to raw foods. You are incorrect. I have been studying diet and nutrition extensively for years. I am not ignorant, stupid or illiterate. I research the internet almost daily for health related topics because it is my passion to learn about these subjects. I know all about raw diets, both the pros and the cons.

I feel that your assumption that everyone else but you and this "mystery" doctor of yours is ignorant about health is both unfair and unkind. I came here willing to listen, and with an open mind. I believe that you have a certain wisdom about health but I've noticed that your approach with people tends to be a little insulting. We are all just trying to improve ourselves - if we weren't we wouldn't be asking you questions.

By the way, I don't agree that it a "sin" to eat cooked food.
There are many references to cooking in the Scriptures, including refraining from cooking only on Sabbath (which I do observe). In fact, as I think about information I've read regarding consuming raw foods for longevity, it occurs to me that God himself decided to reduce our lifespan to 120 years around the time preceding the flood.

It seems to me an act of rebellion, or covetousness perhaps, to desire more than what God offers us - which, in the case of eating only raw foods, would be an attempt to "do-over" what we were offered in The Beginning. The Garden of Eden was our chance to live on the perfect "human food" and we blew it. At one point, God gave men up to 962 years to live, and decided that was too long - He decided, not us!

I really do understand the philosophy behind eating the foods that God has provided us. I am mindful of that every time I eat. I just don't understand the reasoning, either spiritual or material, behind such a restrictive diet. Can you please explain why people should only focus on a handful of the hundreds of foods which our Creator made for us? Are we trying to re-create our own Garden of Eden here? Are you saying that all the answers lie in the book that you sell?

With all that said, I still think you're on to something. Maybe God gives a few people "inside" information about how to last longer than everyone else. The only reason for attempting to live longer with perfect health that I can see, aside from sheer vanity, is to be able to spend more time with the ones you love. I know that is my only motivation.

MH - I loved my son more than my own life. I would have died a hundred times over to save his life. Maybe I was responsible - but I will not hold myself accountable, as though I committed some sin by eating the wrong foods which resulted in my son's death. Your comments about how I'm now slowly but surely killing the rest of my family with my cooking are inappropriate. Find another way to tell your truths.

I'm not saying that there is no truth to your opinion, or in your reference books. I'm simply saying that truth should always be used with compassion. Especially by someone who talks about healing and God so much. I know this is a long post - it could have been a lot longer.

©ÜÉÖÖēôľá_Original_Message_ĺÄöĹěĘ꼨Ôį©

Wow...

Gosh, I guess I'm killing my children, huh? I'm sorry, but your statements, even if true, are a little heartless in my opinion. Especially since I'm trying to get advice from you to prevent any harm from coming to my children in ways that I can directly affect. And you do already know that one of my children has passed.

I guess people all over the world who have healthy, disease free children for generations following the suggestions of the likes of Dr. Price are wrong too? And by the way, I'm not vain about my cooking skills either. I don't care about cooking, or eating for that matter. It's more of an annoyance to me than anything.

And, excuse me if I'm mistaken, but what you and your family do is a topic of discussion here, is it not? You do give advice based on what you've tried yourself, right? Maybe I should have said, "MH, what do you see other families feeding their children that you would agree is the correct diet?".

If you can't use your own life as an example of what you teach here, then why do you expect others to follow your advice?

You assume that I haven't read any information pertaining to raw foods. You are incorrect. I have been studying diet and nutrition extensively for years. I am not ignorant, stupid or illiterate. I research the internet almost daily for health related topics because it is my passion to learn about these subjects. I know all about raw diets, both the pros and the cons.

I feel that your assumption that everyone else but you and this "mystery" doctor of yours is ignorant about health is both unfair and unkind. I came here willing to listen, and with an open mind. I believe that you have a certain wisdom about health but I've noticed that your approach with people tends to be a little insulting. We are all just trying to improve ourselves - if we weren't we wouldn't be asking you questions.

By the way, I don't agree that it a "sin" to eat cooked food.
There are many references to cooking in the Scriptures, including refraining from cooking only on Sabbath (which I do observe). In fact, as I think about information I've read regarding consuming raw foods for longevity, it occurs to me that God himself decided to reduce our lifespan to 120 years around the time preceding the flood.

It seems to me an act of rebellion, or covetousness perhaps, to desire more than what God offers us - which, in the case of eating only raw foods, would be an attempt to "do-over" what we were offered in The Beginning. The Garden of Eden was our chance to live on the perfect "human food" and we blew it. At one point, God gave men up to 962 years to live, and decided that was too long - He decided, not us!

I really do understand the philosophy behind eating the foods that God has provided us. I am mindful of that every time I eat. I just don't understand the reasoning, either spiritual or material, behind such a restrictive diet. Can you please explain why people should only focus on a handful of the hundreds of foods which our Creator made for us? Are we trying to re-create our own Garden of Eden here? Are you saying that all the answers lie in the book that you sell?

With all that said, I still think you're on to something. Maybe God gives a few people "inside" information about how to last longer than everyone else. The only reason for attempting to live longer with perfect health that I can see, aside from sheer vanity, is to be able to spend more time with the ones you love. I know that is my only motivation.

MH - I loved my son more that my own life. I would have died a hundred times over to save his life. Maybe I was responsible - but I will not hold myself accountable, as though I committed some sin by eating the wrong foods which resulted in my son's death. Your comments about how I'm now slowly but surely killing the rest of my family with my cooking are inappropriate. Find another way to tell your truths.

I'm not saying that there is no truth to your opinion, or in your reference books. I'm simply saying that truth should always be used with compassion. Especially by someone who talks about healing and God so much. I know this is a long post - it could have been a lot longer.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.578 sec, (5)