CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Scriptural Response to Birth Control

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

More
More

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

Views: 1,518
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 706,928

Re: Scriptural Response to Birth Control

I'm a friend of Tumeric's, who's been kind enough to let me post on this forum without having to register, because I won't be here very long. But when Tumeric showed me this post, I just had to respond to it.

I normally wouldn't do this, but seeing that you posted this in the Abortion Debate Forum, and not some Christian-specific forum, I feel the need to respond to your post. I may say some things that some people might find offensive, and I apologize in advance, not for my comments, but for my inability to censor my most deeply-held beliefs.

It doesn't really matter to me whether or not people believe in an imaginary Sky God who watches over them in life and rewards (or punishes) them after death, or believe in a pantheon of human and human/animal hybrid gods, or believe that a UFO following a comet will come to take them to heaven, or any other silly fairy-tale story. Everyone is entitled to believe in their own little improbable fantasy world, and in mine I get to end up being with Angelina Jolie.

What bothers me is when someone like Mr. Nate Wilson, who believes in such a fantasy, decides that his own interpretation of what some ancient scriptures say applies universally to every other person on earth, whether or not they happen to share the same little fantasy that he does. Since, as far as I can tell, this is a secular debate forum, I feel the need to rebut Mr. Wilson's false assertions. Since Mr. Wilson provides so much rich detail in his many assertions, it will take me several posts to reply in full. I will start with the most obvious fallacy, and then proceed to more subtle ones in later posts.

First, he claims, from his reading of Biblical verses, that God (meaning, in this case, Jehovah/YHWH/Jove the Hebrew Sky God, who acts very human in the early parts of the old testament - becoming tremendously upset with people who disobey him, throwing them off the island, so to speak, when they anger him in some way - in this way he is very similar to the Greek Gods and goddesses, who were created around the same time that the Hebrews were creating their religion. In the New Testament, of course, he is transformed into an invisible, unknowable, inscrutable being, with no apparent emotions or presence in this world - his place on earth is taken over by the elevation of the prophet/mystic/seer/messiah Jesus, who somehow is at the same time fully God and fully human) "is Sovereign in birth. He opens and shuts the womb...God helps and participates in the process of bringing forth children." If that is the case, then this God is also Sovereign in abortion. For, how many babies each year die in various stages of miscarriage - is God not responsible for casting these children from the womb before they are able to survive? Stillbirth - if a baby goes through 9 months of gestation and is born dead, does not the responsibility for that death fall on God's head? One can blame the mother, of course, and if it is impossible to show that her actions caused the spontaneous abortion, perhaps it could be blamed on her state of mind, or the curse that God apparently put on her after he expelled her and Adam from the Garden.

But before I continue, I'm just wondering, does God get a pass on causing abortions? Or can it all be explained by, "He works in mysterious ways?"

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.515 sec, (2)