CureZone   Log On   Join
Day 19

traceye Views: 1,227
Published: 16 years ago

Day 19

I've been reading through this forum and The Master Cleanser one for 19 days now and I wanted to write and tell you all that I had planned on only doing this fast (yes, The Master Cleanser is a fast and is excellent for weight loss too amongst other things) for 10 days to get rid of toxins and clean out my system. I've been a low carber for quite a few years with "snacks" thrown in. I don't have an eating disorder, I just like to eat things that my body doesn't like or I should say likes to keep ... forever. Before I started this fast, I used the Master-Cleanse in the morning and night with a low carb lunch (large) that consisted mainly of vegetables (yes, vegetables are low carb) and lost 6 pounds in that first week, then I moved onto the Master-Cleanse fast with about 5 gallons of water every 2 days and I started at 246# and today am at 223#, so I've lost 23 pounds in 19 days. I do have stalls and days where I don't lose at all, but I figure the scale's just a toy, not something to live by. My Psoriasis on my hands and feet is gone - they were gone within the first 10 days and my skin is awesome and I have energy to burn. I was working out at the gym quite hard with weights for the first week, then I slowed down to cardio only and now that I'm getting into the long haul of fasting, which is also the time of intense inner healing for my body, I've chosen to slow down on the gym and just do walking and light exercise.

I have chosen to do the Master-Cleanse for my fast because water only is too scarey for me - others can do it, I know myself and my body and I feel MC is best. I had made the decision before I started this fast that I needed a lifestyle change - I quit smoking 2.5 years ago and it was a snap - I smoked since I was 9 (yes, that's right I was 9 - I didn't start smoking at home until I was 16), so when I quit at 46, I had been smoking 37 years and I quit overnight. I have a lot of friends who are getting sick with various diseases, Cancer, etc. and I feel that I need to do something to help reverse the damage I've done to my body with smoking and eating "bad" foods so much. My plan to come off my fast (whenever I do, I'm not sure how long I will be on it) with the orange juice and other fruit and veggies juices and slowly integrate raw fruits, then raw vegetables into my diet and go raw for 100% of my diet for quite some time - until I lose all the weight I want, PLUS 2 days after I stop fasting, I'm going back to the gym to hit the weights and cardio (I used to be a bodybuilder 20 years ago, but you wouldn't know it now) 5 or 6 days a week to speed up the metabolism and I know I can do it.

I also know that I love foods like salmon, steak, fries, hamburgers, potatoes, eggs, cheese, etc. and I now know that by fasting and making it to day 19, that I have the self-control to control what I eat and what I don't and that I can "live" without those "bad" foods and am craving fruit and vegetables - not those foods!!! I am also now fully aware that by fasting I am in control of my health 100% and have amazed myself that I have fasted for this long and I know I can go longer.

What fasting has done for me mentally is prove to myself that I am far more disciplined than I ever imagined and I love it.

My Stats:

Female
48 years
5'6"
Start: 246#
Weight today: 223#
Goal: 150#
73 pounds to go!!

I know that this will not be done entirely on fasting, but with a raw food diet, combined with exercise. My goal for the fast, other than detoxing and inner healing is to get to at least 190#, then slowly come off my fast. I know that for however long I've been fasting, I will take that amount of time, if not more, to integrate solids back into my system and if done right, I will continue to lose weight. This in itself is going to be a challenge, but after getting to day 19 (so far), it's going to just be one more step in having control over my body and what goes into it.

Tracey
©†ƒ……•™¼‡_Original_Message_¾€š½ž¢«»¬ï°©

I've been reading through this forum and The Master Cleanser one for 19 days now and I wanted to write and tell you all that I had planned on only doing this fast (yes, the Master Cleanser is a fast and is excellent for weight loss too amongst other things) for 10 days to get rid of toxins and clean out my system. I've been a low carber for quite a few years with "snacks" thrown in. I don't have an eating disorder, I just like to eat things that my body doesn't like or I should say likes to keep ... forever. Before I started this fast, I used the MC in the morning and night with a low carb lunch (large) that consisted mainly of vegetables (yes, vegetables are low carb) and lost 6 pounds in that first week, then I moved onto the MC fast with about 5 gallons of water every 2 days and I started at 246# and today am at 223#, so I've lost 23 pounds in 19 days. I do have stalls and days where I don't lose at all, but I figure the scale's just a toy, not something to live by. My Psoriasis on my hands and feet is gone - they were gone within the first 10 days and my skin is awesome and I have energy to burn. I was working out at the gym quite hard with weights for the first week, then I slowed down to cardio only and now that I'm getting into the long haul of fasting, which is also the time of intense inner healing for my body, I've chosen to slow down on the gym and just do walking and light exercise.

I have chosen to do the MC for my fast because water only is too scarey for me - others can do it, I know myself and my body and I feel MC is best. I had made the decision before I started this fast that I needed a lifestyle change - I quit smoking 2.5 years ago and it was a snap - I smoked since I was 9 (yes, that's right I was 9 - I didn't start smoking at home until I was 16), so when I quit at 46, I had been smoking 37 years and I quit overnight. I have a lot of friends who are getting sick with various diseases, Cancer, etc. and I feel that I need to do something to help reverse the damage I've done to my body with smoking and eating "bad" foods so much. My plan to come off my fast (whenever I do, I'm not sure how long I will be on it) with the orange juice and other fruit and veggies juices and slowly integrate raw fruits, then raw vegetables into my diet and go raw for 100% of my diet for quite some time - until I lose all the weight I want, PLUS 2 days after I stop fasting, I'm going back to the gym to hit the weights and cardio (I used to be a bodybuilder 20 years ago, but you wouldn't know it now) 5 or 6 days a week to speed up the metabolism and I know I can do it.

I also know that I love foods like salmon, steak, fries, hamburgers, potatoes, eggs, cheese, etc. and I now know that by fasting and making it to day 19, that I have the self-control to control what I eat and what I don't and that I can "live" without those "bad" foods and am craving fruit and vegetables - not those foods!!! I am also now fully aware that by fasting I am in control of my health 100% and have amazed myself that I have fasted for this long and I know I can go longer.

What fasting has done for me mentally is prove to myself that I am far more disciplined than I ever imagined and I love it.

My Stats:

Female
48 years
5'6"
Start: 246#
Weight today: 223#
Goal: 150#
73 pounds to go!! This will not be done on fasting, but with a raw food diet, combined with exercise.

Tracey

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.391 sec, (4)