CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Overcoming Binge Eating????

Views: 8,984
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 690,544

Re: Overcoming Binge Eating????

Thank you for sharing your experience. I hope that fasting will help me, even if it is just a little. I think my biggest issue now is binge eating, and then I don't purge sometimes- at least not like I used to. But of course binge eating w/out purging = weight gain. So it is just a horrible vicious cycle as you well know. I just hate the fact that when I allow myself one indulgence- I feel like something is triggered and I have to eat anything I can get my hands on and I eat until I can't move and my stomache is so full that it hurts. I don't keep any food in my house whatsoever, but if I feel an urge to go into binge mode I will even eat raw oatmeal, if I have it, and then go to the store and grab every junk food I could possibly desire. I guess I hope that if I am not eating at all for awhile, I might have to deal with whatever is triggering these binges diffferently and my body might stop craving things to the extent it does now. I feel like food is controlling my life and I would do just about anything to rid myself of it having so much power. I have been to a therapist for it before, read books, etc. but it is one of those things that is soo difficult that I have never met a doctor who can tell me something I haven't already heard. Did your cravings for certain foods still persist after your fast?
thanks again

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.750 sec, (1)