CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Overcoming Binge Eating????

Views: 8,939
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 690,543

Re: Overcoming Binge Eating????

Fasting is not going to cure your bulimia.

I've been bulimic for 12 years and have recently - in the last 4 months began fasting. I have noticed a significant DECREASE in the frequency of my binging and purging cycle, but it's not gone and I've noticed that unless I make sure I'm not stuffing my stomach the urge to purge is still there and I still do it... BUT I do think that I do it FAR less... hopefully you will too, but in all honestly I wonder if I'm just getting going on a different cycle of restricting instead...

So, fasting won't cure you.. but hopefully it'll help a little as it's helped me... just be careful with restricting after the fast, you don't want to get carried away with that. Oh, and after my first 7 day fast I didn't notice ANY improvement in the amount of times I'd purge... it was only after my last 10 day fast (with a few short ones in between) that I actually noticed a significant reduction in the amount of times I'd purge.... It's a mental thing... as you're well aware of... it's going to take a MENTAL change inside of you to rid yourself of bulimia... and trust me, I know how hard that is... but I wish you well, and if you think that fasting might help I say go for it... :)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.453 sec, (1)