CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: beginning 40 day fast - need expertise!!

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

End Constipation Now
Let oxygen remove old, impacted fecal matter as it detoxifies and...

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
hopinso Views: 4,041
Published: 16 years ago

This is a reply to # 686,303

Re: beginning 40 day fast - need expertise!!

You are so right about there being so many conflicting and contradictory beliefs in alternative medicine. I read and research all the time and sometimes feel more confused than ever. The total lack of support from most traditional allopathic doctors certainly adds to the confusion. The best overall advice I can give you is to arm yourself with plently of information from all points of view and try to devise a program that will work for you. In other words, if you want to try flushing the bowel during a fast, then experiment and try it. If it doesn't work you can always stop. I really don't recommend the salt water flush, especially during a water fast, its simply too harsh. I personally do the enemas, no matter what the experts say because they help me. I have severe chronic pain stemming from nerve root inflamation from a back injury. I am also suspected to have Fibromyalgia, although I never had the definative tests because my insurance ran out. Anyway I am trying to fast to ease the inflamation (which is possible according to Fuhrman), but cannot go longer than a few days without becoming too weak and ill to work and I cannot afford not to work. Right now I am experimenting with cleansing broths and drinks that I may be able to use longer than a water only fast. Hopefully, by next month I'll be able to post some (if any) results.

You sound very educated, self aware and prepared to try fasting. If you cannot go the full forty days in one try, then just go as far and do the best you can. If you maintain a healthy lifestyle between fasts, the cleansing effect will be there. Hopefully with the proper herbs, clean diet, and fasting you can see some relief.

If you eat a mineral rich diet including plenty of leafy greens, and eat lots of fresh fruit, then hopefully, electrolyte depletion will not be a factor in your fast. Once again citing Fuhrman, problems with electrolye levels are not serious during a fast. He does say that if the potassium level drops to 3.2 then the fast should be broken, or very closely monitored. Another thing is drinking the proper amount of water. So many people advocate drinking huge amounts of water, this is not necessary. You need to drink enough to keep the kidneys functioning to flush out waste, but not so much that they become stressed and begin to wash out electrolyes. Too much water, or drinking the wrong way is as dangerous as drinking too little. Using Bentonite may also play a factor. Bentonite adsorbs (attracts and binds) not only toxins, but also minerals. You may be better off using only psyllium for most of your bowel cleansing if you chose to do that during your fast. You could add a tablespoon of Bentonite once or twice a week to bind toxins if you think that would help.

You have really gotten me researching and reading, but I have to go get in the shower and start getting ready for work, Please keep posting. When Mike got this forum going it was for people who want to try water only fasting for healing and better health. I hope he will jump on soon and share his expertise, he's far more experienced in the actual longer fast than I am. I've gone 15 days on cleansing drinks, but still can't go that long on just water.

Here are the books I usually use as reference, they are all available on Amazon.com. Sometimes you can find them used and save a lot of money.
"Fasting And Eating For Health" by Joel Fuhrman MD
"Eat To Live" by Joel Fuhrman MD
"The Miracle Of Fasting" by Paul Bragg ND
also check out this website for some excellent free articles:
©†ƒ……•™¼‡_Original_Message_¾€š½ž¢«»¬ï°©

You are so right about there being so many conflicting and contradictory beliefs in alternative medicine. I read and research all the time and sometimes feel more confused than ever. The total lack of support from most traditional allopathic doctors certainly adds to the confusion. The best overall advice I can give you is to arm yourself with plently of information from all points of view and try to devise a program that will work for you. In other words, if you want to try flushing the bowel during a fast, then experiment and try it. If it doesn't work you can always stop. I really don't recommend the salt water flush, especially during a water fast, its simply too harsh. I personally do the enemas, no matter what the experts say because they help me. I have severe chronic pain stemming from nerve root inflamation from a back injury. I am also suspected to have Fibromyalgia, although I never had the definative tests because my insurance ran out. Anyway I am trying to fast to ease the inflamation (which is possible according to Fuhrman), but cannot go longer than a few days without becoming too weak and ill to work and I cannot afford not to work. Right now I am experimenting with cleansing broths and drinks that I may be able to use longer than a water only fast. Hopefully, by next month I'll be able to post some (if any) results.

You sound very educated, self aware and prepared to try fasting. If you cannot go the full forty days in one try, then just go as far and do the best you can. If you maintain a healthy lifestyle between fasts, the cleansing effect will be there. Hopefully with the proper herbs, clean diet, and fasting you can see some relief.

If you eat a mineral rich diet including plenty of leafy greens, and eat lots of fresh fruit, then hopefully, electrolye depletion will not be a factor in your fast. Once again citing Fuhrman, problems with electrolye levels are not serious during a fast. He does say that if the potassium level drops to 3.2 then the fast should be broken, or very closely monitored. Another thing is drinking the proper amount of water. So many people advocate drinking huge amounts of water, this is not necessary. You need to drink enough to keep the kidneys functioning to flush out waste, but not so much that they become stressed and begin to wash out electrolyes. Too much water, or drinking the wrong way is as dangerous as drinking too little. Using bentonite may also play a factor. Bentonite adsorbs (attracts and binds) not only toxins, but also minerals. You may be better off using only psyllium for most of your bowel cleansing if you chose to do that during your fast. You could add a tablespoon of bentonite once or twice a week to bind toxins if you think that would help.

You have really gotten me researching and reading, but I have to go get in the shower and start getting ready for work, Please keep posting. When Mike got this forum going it was for people who want to try water only fasting for healing and better health. I hope he will jump on soon and share his expertise, he far more experienced in the actual longer fast than I am. 've gone 15 days on cleansing drinks, but still can't go that long on just water.

Here are the books I usually use as reference, they are all available on Amazon.com. Sometimes you can find them used and save a lot of money.
"Fasting And Eating For Health" by Joel Fuhrman MD
"Eat To Live" by Joel Fuhrman MD
"The Miracle Of Fasting" by Paul Bragg ND
also check out this website for some excellent free articles:

FREEDOMYOU

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.719 sec, (4)