CureZone   Log On   Join
Ten day water fast complete--my experience

serenity now Views: 10,307
Published: 17 years ago

Ten day water fast complete--my experience

Merry Christmas everyone!

Yesterday was the tenth and last day of my pure water fast. First of all, tree-ripened oranges never tasted so sweet! Later, I'm going to imbibe on the pleasures of raw coconut juice!

My "weight" didn't change the last two days. This morning I weighed what I weighed yesterday: 167.5. I began at 184, so I lost approx. 16.5 lbs. I fully expect to "regain" five of that, which will even me out to what I expected: one pound per day.

But weight loss was secondary. I water-fasted to gain a leg-up against a few addictions. I plan to visit the alcoholic addiction forum every month or so to post my progress.

Since I was hitting my ideal weight, dehydration seemed to be a problem. For next time, I'm going to research better methods than mere distilled water to hydrate my body, such as clustered, ionized (higher PH), or charged water--or as the raw folk call it: living water.

I'm planning a diet of 80/20 (vegetarian) raw food, including specific foods to improve my seratonin functioning. And, I've got a health club membership that's simply melting away! The best defense against Depression is a good offense: exercise! Then for this May, I'm planning another fast, a longer once this time: 21 days.

Here's a question for the veteran fasters: I wonder if perhaps Shelton is correct about the proper timing to quit a fast. Although I met my goal of ten days, my body didn't seem "finished." Fuhrman doesn't propose this, but I think that just as the body was designed to water fast, it may also be designed to finish the fast it's own way, on it's own schedule. Again, just a thought. Obviously, a profound benefit can be gained in spite of "finishing too soon."

One last thought: If my body hadn't been so debilitated, my fast might have been even more productive. In my case, I didn't have a choice, but I fully see Fuhrman's point of putting his patients on a healthy Diet BEFORE they fast.

To those of you planning a fast: count the cost. The first few days are difficult enough to test, and break, your resolve. But...once you reach the fourth or fifth day (in my case) the hunger melts away. It becomes MUCH easier.

I truly believe that juice fasting and Water Fasting are two different animals. ANY caloric consumption at all interferes with the ketosis, or protein-sparing, aspects of the fast. If one is going to include juice in their "water fast" they might as well fully juice fast and get ENOUGH calories in their diet.
This perspective, however, is somewhat controversial, and I would welcome further research.

Take care, and God bless!

Dave

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.484 sec, (2)