CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: an interesting article ..

anyab Views: 1,003
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 685,382

Re: an interesting article ..

I completely agree w/what you and Mike said.

As far as weight loss is concerned, it kind of scares me that over the recent weeks there seems to be a lot of ppl that are coming here wanting to fast for 30+ days in attempts to drop weight fast.

I've suffered from both anorexia and bulimia for about 10 yrs and it's not a fun thing. Fasting can cause you to have an ED and fasting that long, and taking a break (like a week I remember one anonymous member said), then fasting again for another month does so much to your heart.

The most I can fast for safely is 10 days, and even then I can feel the effects on my heart.

Using the 'term' fasting when doing the above things is purely buttering up the name. YOU ARE STARVING YOURSELF TO LOSE WEIGHT. and the ppl excercising during 'fasts'? It all sounds to familiar to an ED.

I'll admit I have fasting to lose my last 15 lbs that I gained (like 60) during the clinic I was admitted too, because it wasnt coming off. It kind of gave my body a 'jump' but thats it.

I'm just really concerned w/these ppl. Although my Ed reasons have nothing really to do w/ weight or wanting to be 'thin' like this person, but more so personal/child hood reasons. I'm really afraid for these ppl. I would never in a million years wish this on someone else. I'm like a slave to food. and it's a constant battle even though I am a lot better than I was before. It affects every aspect of my life.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.672 sec, (1)