CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: an interesting article ..

hopinso Views: 1,124
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 685,376

Re: an interesting article ..

I think significant weight loss is a dream of many fasters, especially when they are first beginning to experiment with fasting. Still, it must not become an all consuming reason for fasting. The amount of weight loss will vary not only from individual to individual, but also from fast to fast. A couple of weeks ago I had some sort of virus that included fever, dizziness, nausea, and extreme fatigue. It was so bad I had to miss several days of work. For two days all I had was a fresh lemon juice and water drink, sweetened with a little Sucanat and homemade veggie broth made with vegetables that were supposed to be good for detoxification. I lost 10 pounds in two days! It was not a pleasant way to lose the weight and within a week of normal eating all the weight was back. It would not be appropriate for me to post how to lose 10 pounds in two days just because of that event. In a similar fashion, one cannot guarantee any certain rate of weight loss during fasting. At first weight may come off two pounds a day, but as the metabolic rate slows, weight loss will become much slower. Even worse, the slower metabolism after a lengthy fast almost promises a rapid weight gain unless a very restricted diet is followed.
To keep from getting discouraged, stay off the scale during your fast. If losing weight is part of your overall plan to get healthy, then fine. Allow fasting to do what is does best-cleanse and heal your body. Accept any lost weight as a fringe benefit; but be aware that a change in eating habits, exercise, and even your emotional connection with food will be necessary to maintain and continue the weight loss.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.266 sec, (1)