CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Tea?

jstableford Views: 815
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 683,845

Re: Tea?

If you don't like herbals, why not try water? Diluted black tea will have some caffeine in it, presumably? I don't think the consequences would be particularly detrimental, although it would not strictly be a water only fast. Presumably you would not be adding milk. I decided against herbals or any non-calorific flavourings to water, because I wanted to test my ability to be alone without "props" as it were - to see what it is like to be without these sensory distractions, if you understand me. But there is another consideration. Anything with flavouring may stimulate saliva (part of digestive process, with digestive enzymes) and may also help to stimulate appetite. You possibly risk making the process more difficult for yourself. Another consideration is that even if the tea is organic, there are likely to be various contaminants such as pesticides and although levels are probably not high, this is the kind of thing that Water Fasts are supposed to help you avoid. Finally, psychologically, it was best for me to face the whole fear of deprivation head on, rather than have little substitutes and props which really just get in the way and help to undermine resolve and create doubt before you even start. Depends why you are doing this, in a way, and what your own thought processes and convictions are about the diet. Hope this is of interest. Jane

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.656 sec, (1)