CureZone   Log On   Join
Toddles....got some words on the Omega 3 issue..

Free Clark DVD!
An amazing video about the Clark protocol that will open your eyes! An...

Natural Cancer Remedies
The ”incurable” pancreatic cancer disappeared!

Better Than Colonics. Period.
Oxygen Detoxification for both small and large intestine...

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

More
More
skyflier0619 Views: 1,601
Published: 17 years ago

Toddles....got some words on the Omega 3 issue..

Fuhrman directed me to read his article (link below) and to go back to the section in 'Eat to Live' that deals with this issue. That would be pages 122-135. In the book he recommends adding a few grams of Omega 3 daily from the follwing list:

Flaxseed, 1 tablesppon 1.7 grams
Flax Oil, 1 teaspoon, 2.2 grams
Walnuts, English (12 halves) 4 tablespoons, 2 grams
Soybeans (green, frozen, or raw) 1.5 cups, 2 grams
Tofu, 1.5 cups, 2 grams

In the book (in those pages referenced) he has a section about fish oils and states that "one problem with fish oils is that much of the fat has already turned rancid. Not only are many people intolerant of the burping, indigestion, and smelling like a fish, but it is also possible that the rancidity of the fat places a stress on the liver. I have noted abnormal liver function on the blood test of a few patients who were taking fish oil tablets. These few patients had their liver function return to normal when they stopped taking the fish oils. Large amounts of fish oils inhibit immune function. Lowering the function of natural killer cells is not a good thing, as our defenses against infection and cancer diminish. Because of this immune suppresion, as well as the toxicity issues, I do not routinely recommend that my patients take fish oil capsules - though there are a few exceptions (autoimmune disease)".

There is a bit more in this section and he does say: "Another case in which fish oils may be useful is the rare individual who does not convert omega 3 fats into DHA sufficiently. These people may be more prone to depression, allergies, and inflammatory skin disease such as eczema. These people often benefit from the addition of fish oils or plant-derived DHA. Laboratory-cultivated DHA made from microalgae is a pure from of DHA without rancidity, mercury, or other toxins. It is well tolerated and does not have a racid taste or odor".

Hope this info is helpful to you.
Lynne

http://www.drfuhrman.com/omega.html

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  www.curezone.org

0.234 sec, (1)