CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Ketosis

raddish Views: 2,699
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 681,052

Re: Ketosis

Thanks for explaining this so well. I think my main questions lies in wondering if I am maximizing my fasting experience and letting my body breakdown the most fat (since in my understanding that fat stores are where the majority of toxins are held in the body) by what I'm consuming in my juice. I tend to prefer fruit juices, which are of course higher in calories and carbs than vegetable juice. I drink vegetable juice, or course, too, but prefer fruit juices and feel good consuming them. But I wondered if by choosing fruit juices over veggie juices, if I'm hurting my body's ability to go further into the fat stores to release the toxins. Does that make sense? That's why I checked my urine in the first place, to see that if ten days into this fast, if I was spilling any ketones, because I figured that was a sign that my body is metabolizing the fat. And I since my weight loss has been a little slower than I expected on this fast, I am finding I am doubting whether or not I am actually cleansing, either. I am still showing a lot of irritation on my skin, and haven't had a ton of extreme detox symptoms. I guess I just want validation to know if what I am consuming daily is okay in terms of a successful fast. The ultimate goal of this fast would be to heal my hypothyroidism. I just would like to see more progress, you know? I hope this is working, and have faith in my body to heal itself, but it's hard!
I'm sure it would probably be ideal to fast on strictly green juices, but the thought of that is not that appealing to me. I don't think I could fast on a that kind of plan. For the past two days I've had mainly fruit juices, and the veggies I've had with them are even sweet, like carrot. I wonder if it is hurting my fast. That is why I wondered if more ketones in the urine was better, kind of like a sign you are metabolizing more fat and thus releasing more toxic material. It just seemed like a less vain way than weight for monitoring the progress of the fast.
Thanks again for you response.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  www.curezone.org

0.297 sec, (1)